Friday 27 January 2017

Sentiments From The Slopes: The Penultimate Ski | Travel By Harrison




The end is nye. 

We're onto the penultimate ski and I never thought I would say this, but I'm actually sad to be going home. We all know I'm not the most active person, but I sure have enjoyed getting up every day and spending the day doing something active. Getting out, enjoying the sunshine and making the most of this beautiful place. 

Let me tell you, there is nothing better than when you're on the slopes to have your headphones in. Have your music blaring out, singing to the songs you love, in the most amazing place, wind in your face and feeling like you're in a music video. It really is a special feeling. 

This holiday, Troye Sivan was my soundtrack and now that will forever remind me of this place. 




Today was no different in the fact that I spent time alone skiing while the others went on the huge slopes. We always would agree a meeting place and time. But today, that meeting place and time didn't happen. Due to my confidence building, my little route I would take had gotten bigger. I was skiing the bigger slopes which made it a lot harder for my Dad to find me. 

I spent hours, skiing round and round, waiting to see them and waiting to find them. The ski lifts closed at 4:30, so at 4:15 I checked the time and realised how late it was and that I still hadn't found them. I wouldn't say I was getting worried, but I was sure wondering where the hell they had got to. 

I had to start making my way back to the apartment before the lifts had closed. Upon reaching the front door, there they were. Waiting for me and relieved that I hadn't fallen and broken something. We kept missing each other on the slopes. 

Finally found and back home, it was time for dinner. 


 Today, spending a lot of time alone, gave me a lot of time to think. It's funny, there I am, in the middle of The Alps, skiing to my favourite music and having a great time, yet that time alone gives you so much thinking space. 

At the beginning of this year, I was feeling so productive and so motivated. Yet, I went away for a week, left everything behind and it all stopped. Putting everything down, forgetting everything and just relaxing was something I was finding quite difficult. I was coming up with so many ideas in my head, creating so many plans and getting so excited for the future, yet not being able to do anything about it. 

Equally, I was feeling quite lost. Not sure where I was going in life, not sure how to achieve all these plans and just generally doubting everything. Today, was a weird one, with a lot of thinking time but equally, a lot of time to clear my head and re-focus. 

Tomorrow is the last day on the slopes. 

| Harrison | 

No comments:

Post a Comment