Sunday 27 December 2015

2015 Highlights | Top 5


Happy Sunday. I hope everyone has had the most merry of Christmas' and has eaten enough to feed a small continent. I certainly know I have. 
So 2015, what a crazy year it's been. There have been many ups and downs, but overall, it has been a really good year. I got a promotion at work, started this blog, had 3 holidays and has probably been the busiest year of my life.
As I sit here with a plate of cold meats and snacks, I bring to you my top 5 highlights of 2015 in the order they happened. 

Getting my first car. So I'm now 21 and passed my driving test when I was 17. I was really late to the whole car bandwagon. I always lived and worked close to each other so would either bus or walk to work and never had a real need for a car. At the beginning of the year, I got a promotion at work, meaning I had to move and work slightly further away. So I bought a car. I was SO excited and I remember that feeling of driving off the Vauxhall forecourt feeling so free! Having a car brings so much freedom and independence. I've never looked back. 
Florida. So then in April, my Dad took us back to Florida. We went a couple of years ago and because we loved it so much, we decided to go back and do everything we missed. There really is something so magical about that place. We were there for 3 weeks and managed to do so much. The weather was amazing and the food was just a good. Such an amazing place and one of the best holidays I have had. 
Turkey. As if Florida wasn't enough, in September I then decided to go on holiday again... This time with my best friend, Kate. We have both been to Turkey before but separately, so decided to go together. When looking for holiday's, we really couldn't decide where to go and kept looking and looking. We then found the resort we stayed at and just fell in love. It had good reviews and looked amazing. It was such a good week. We turned our phones off for the whole week, no communication with anyone else. A good amount of books, music and food, great company and sunshine. What more could you want?
My puppy. Upon return of my holiday, I come home to the cutest little guy, Burley. He is my dads new puppy and is the most adorable little guy ever. He is a fox red Labrador and is a typical puppy. He is so well trained but does occasionally have his funny 5 minutes and goes crazy. He's such a happy little dog and is a great addition to the family. 
Paris. Last but by no means least, my favourite city in the world, Paris. Every December for the past 3 years, my Dad and I have gone to Paris for a mini break. There is something so special about Paris at Christmas. This trip was no different. I absolutely love everything about Paris and had I learnt French and been able to speak the language, I'd without a doubt live there. It is the most amazing city and I can't talk highly enough about it.

All in all, it's been a great year. I can't wait to see what 2016 brings. I plan on working a lot harder on this blog, travel a lot more and fingers crossed, I won't spend another year being single. *Cry's into box of Ferrero Rocher* 

| Harrison | 

No comments:

Post a Comment