Thursday 1 October 2015

How I Make Myself Look Presentable.


I remember being really young and watching my mum get ready in the mornings. So many potions, lotions, creams and sprays... And not actually knowing what it was all for. As I got older, I got progressively envious of her. Why didn't I have all the potions and lotions she had? And then as I got even older than that, I thought, well why not buy your own? So I did. And here they are. 

Beauty, fashion and general appearance has always been something really close to me. When deciding what college course to take, I nearly applied for fashion school until I realised you had to have some level of drawing skills. Drawing skills I did not have. 
But back to my point of beauty and fashion. It's always been something close to my heart, something that my friends have always known me for and as time has gone by, I have really been taking the time to look into different products. Why not experiment? You'll never know unless you try. 

So in the above picture, you can see everything I use in the mornings to make myself look half decent. As you can see, It takes a lot to make it possible to leave the house. I won't talk you through everything, you all have eyes, you can see what the products are. A couple of things I will touch on though are the Benefit Porefessional, Boots No7 Concealer and the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel

Let's start with the Benefit Porefessional and the Boots No7 Concealer. Yes I am a man. Yes, both of these products are found in the make up section. And yes, I am a man who wears these two products. But I don't class myself as a man who wears make up. Contradictory? I dunno. Who cares? Although designed for women, these two products are amazing. The Porefessional Is literally a saviour. I suffer from quite large pores and they can sometimes be quite visible. This product simply reduces the sign of pores and actually reduces shine. It's amazing. I put this on every morning after I have moisturised and it simply makes my skin look 10 times better throughout the day. Thats all. As for women, I believe it is used as a primer before applying their make up. 
Now for the Boots No7 concealer. I actually started using this because my mum had it. I suffered quite badly from spots while growing up and hated it. Someone who cared so much about how they looked yet had a face full of spots.. can you imagine? So I would use my mums concealer occasionally just to hide the spots, take away any blemishes and to try and improve the look of my skin. It worked for me. It made me feel a lot better about myself and so I bought my own. This isn't something I wear everyday, but If I'm having a breakout, my skin isn't so great or I've got dark circles, then I'll use these concealer to... well, conceal. 

Last but by no means least, the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel. I was a bit sceptical about getting this. I read a hell of a lot about it on blogs, I had seen it used by Vloggers and I did my research. It's not cheap considering it's just a face wash, but my god, It's worth it. I think it's really important that if you're going to put products on your face, such as concealers and primers, then it's really important to make sure you're taking them off again at the end of the day.
This actually smells like turkish delight (Bit odd, but you get used to it). It goes on the skin so nicely, It's got a really good consistency and leaves your skin feeling so smooth afterward. It is £28, so not the cheapest on the market, but I guess you get what you pay for. I love this for my skin, as It's really temperamental, I always want to make sure what I'm putting on my face is good quality. I can highly recommend this product and you can pick it up from your local Space NK. 

So I hope you enjoyed this little mid week post and sorry I went off on a little rant about the whole make up thing.... Maybe that's something I'll discuss in a future post, who knows? Sometimes it's best to leave your opinions at the door, ey?
Anyway, enjoy the rest of the week, have an amazing weekend and I'll be back very soon! 

| Harrison |

No comments:

Post a Comment