Saturday 19 September 2015

Holiday Style and Essentials


Travelling has always been a massive part of my life and with age, travelling in style has become more of a focus than the holiday (guilty as charged). I'm a sucker for a good travel accessory and purchasing something new for every trip. This year was all about the sunglasses.
Although not the cheapest option, I have always been a huge fan of Ray Bans. I think their styles are so effortless and timeless, they never seem to go out of fashion. The first pair of Ray Bans i got were the Wayfarers, the classic black Ray Ban that everyone recognises. The second pair I got which are my all time favourite are called the Erika. Mine are the tortoise shell pair which I absolutely love and think suit my face shape perfectly.

As you can see from the picture above, I've gone a bit overboard on the sunglasses front. The other three pairs I have, are all purchased from the high street at a really reasonable price. Going from left to right, the pair which have the orange/ green looking lenses are from H&M. I picked these up for an absolute bargain of just £6. These are a really good dupe for what look like a pimped out pair of Ray Bans. Then in the middle we have got a slightly more unusual pair, the type that I would never really go for, but there was an offer on ASOS so I couldn't resist. That's where I also picked up the pair to the far right. Now the pair in the middle look like something that The Beetles would wear, so this was a bit of a risk. Due to the risk level of these, I decided to pick up the pair on the far right to see which I preferred..... It's safe to say, the middle pair don't get much wear! The pair on the far right are amazing. They are so cool, bang on trend with the metallic lenses and also are an amazing dupe for the new trend of Dior sunglasses which can been seen on celebrities such as Kylie Jenner and UK blogger, Lily Pebbles.



The biggest fashion risk I have taken all year is by far these bad boys. If you told me a year ago that I would be wearing Birkenstocks next summer, I would've laughed in your face. I have never really been a massive fan of this type of sandal. I have always been such a lover of Havaianas and have never really wanted to stray away. Yet recently in blogs, magazines and online, I have noticed Birkenstocks really coming back into fashion. I was looking at a pair on ASOS for ages, but I couldn't justify spending over £50 on them. Then I found this pair in TKMaxx for under £30 and just went for it. They are honestly so comfortable, they look really heavy, but actually they are my lightest pair of shoes. I wear these with a pair of ripped denim jeans, a grey t-shirt and then on top, I wear a red checkered oversized shirt. Such a good buy and would really recommend Birkenstock as a brand. I completely understand that they aren't everyones cup of tea, but at the moment, I'm loving them. 


Aside from fashion, a key essential for any holiday is a good book... and I took two. The first book I took was The Girl On The Train. Now, I heard a lot about this book online and on blogs and couldn't wait to read it. I was really looking forward to getting stuck into the book, yet I found myself disappointed. Don't get me wrong, It is a good book, I just feel their has been a lot of hype around the book, I thought It was going to be better. Then the second book I took was Lena Dunham's: Not That Kind Of Girl. If you don't know Lena Dunham, she is the creator and star of HBO's sitcom, Girls. Ever since I first saw her show, I was in love. Her humour is amazing and I find her hilarious, so when I saw her book in Urban Outfitters of all places, I grabbed it with both hands. This book is amazing!! It's written about her own life, yet it's not quite an autobiography. She tells several different stories about her life and how she became the women she is... Get this book, I repeat, GET THIS BOOK!! I found myself lying around the pool actually laughing out loud... quite embarrassing really! 


Finally onto that all important wash bag.... I took two. Today, I will only talk you through one of them though! This wash bag is from Ted Baker and I'm obsessed. This is such a perfect size and get's everything in it that I need. So this wash bag is the one I use for my everyday things. I use two different moisturisers (at different times). The first on is the L'oreal Men Expert Energising Moisturiser which was you can see, there isn't much left. Then I also use the L'Oreal Men Expert Pure and Matte. Both of which work very similar and just as good. For my hair I use Got2be Matte putty, Sure deodorant and Carmex Lip Balm. The fragrance I am currently wearing is the Dolce & Gabbana The One. I have loved this fragrance for ages now and always get loads of compliments when I have it on. 
So that's all what I wear on a daily basis and the essentials I couldn't live without while travelling. 

Obviously there is a hell of a lot more to travelling than whats in this blog post, but this is just a small insight into a few of my essentials. I hope this has been interesting for you all and has given you a bit of inspiration for travelling... a big tip, buy travel-size everything! They're amazing! 
I'd love to hear from you all and see some of your travelling tips and essentials, please leave a comment and feel free to leave links to all of your blogs, I'd love to check them out! 

| Harrison | 

No comments:

Post a Comment