Monday 6 March 2017

Love VS Hate | Reviews By Harrison


Happy Monday you lot. I hope you all had a lovely weekend, I did. I stayed at my boyfriends for the first time, he cooked dinner and we just had the most lovely night. Then it was followed by spending a whole lot of time with the family as March is the month of birthdays for my family. Both me and my 2 brothers were all born in March, so it's a busy one! 

Today I thought I would do something slightly different. Today I thought I would talk to you about my most loved products and my most hated/underwhelming products. Being a lover of all things beauty & skincare, I tend to experiment a lot and try a lot of new things. Today, I'm going to tell you about the ones you MUST go and buy and the ones to completely avoid. 


Starting with the loves... 

It's convenient that there is both an affordable and not so affordable product in both category. 

So kicking things off with something that has featured on here before. The Garnier Micellar Water, infused with oil. I absolutely loved this product from the moment I used it. It's great for those days when you just can't really be bothered to do a complete cleanse and you just want a really quick way of cleansing your face at the end of the day. 
This product smells amazing, has incredible results and is so cheap. There really is nothing to not like about it. 

This will forever be in every favourites that I ever post (maybe not every one). But honestly, this cleanser has been an absolute life changer for me. The Oskia brand is such a clean, natural brand and that really shows in the outcome of the products. I use this near enough every day (that I can be bothered) and it instantly makes my skin look better. Definitely worth getting your hands on this, but be warned, it's not cheap. 
Tip: ask for this as a Christmas or birthday gift! 


Moving to those disappointments... 

In my eyes, both of these products are a complete waste of money. 

I got recommended these pore strips by my friend at work who apparently 'swears by them'. In a nutshell, you place the strip on your nose and it's meant to pull out all black/white heads as you remove it. Well, it doesn't. It just doesn't do anything. 
At £8 these aren't exactly going to break the bank, but equally they're such a waste of money. They didn't really stick to my skin very well, when I removed them, nothing happened apart from the fact that It just made my skin really dry. 
Needless to say I have barely used these and I really wouldn't recommend these to anyone. Highly disappointed. 

Now this one, I'm really gutted about. I had such high hopes for this. I heard so many beauty bloggers talk about this and me being the band-wagon rider I am, I just had to jump on it. Well let me tell you, I got off that ride pretty quick. First impressions of it: sticky. I found the texture of the face mask to be really sticky and actually quite hard to smooth around the face. I don't know if It's just because I had a huge face, but I felt I needed to use loads of product to actually cover the whole surface of my face. 
Then when the product dried, It obviously felt really tight as all peel off masks do. But the peel off process turned out to be more of a fight. Getting this stuff off my face was more effort that it's even worth. And when it's finally off, my face just felt dry and horrible. 
Really not worth it at all and highly pissed off I spent £24 on this stuff. 


So there it is people, the loves VS the hates. The waste of money VS the big spends that are sooo worth it. 
Let me know what you thought, if you agreed and if you have any products to recommend or warn me of, I'd love to know.

| Harrison | 

No comments:

Post a Comment