Wednesday 2 November 2016

The Product That Fixed My Face | Reviews By Harrison


The transition from Summer to Winter is never an easy one. The shorts and flip flops have got to go, the sunglasses make a rare appearance and my skin, well my skin just doesn't know what to do with itself. 
I've always had pretty temperamental skin, it's always been quite sensitive and at points, as dry as Ghandi's slipper. The transition over to Winter is never kind. 

As for most people, the harsh weather and bitter winds can really dry out your skin. You're not getting as much sunlight and your skin is having to deal with a lot. This winter for me, my skin has just needed more TLC than usual. It's been feeling quite rough, looking quite tired and just generally needing a little pick-me-up. So what better thing to use than this St Ives Apricot Scrub. 

When I went to Boot's to look for an exfoliator to clear all those dead skin cells and refresh my face, I was looking for something that was going to be quite gentle on the skin, something that wasn't going to feel like I was just rubbing sand on my face. Ya feel me? 
So when I saw this, It just looked perfect. Fruity in scent, soft in texture and for sensitive skin. I hit the exfoliator jackpot!! 


I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and can say that overall, I'm pretty impressed. I use this product twice a week, sometimes three (Depending on how my face looks). I'm quite liberal with my dollop, so I do use quite a lot. Massage it into the face, mainly focusing on the T-Zone and then rince off with a muslin cloth. Boom, you're good to go. Immediately after using this I can tell the difference. My face looks brighter, it feels softer and smells amazing! 

I would have to say, I only have one negative about this. Not so much a negative, just something to look out for. So when I went shopping for a exfoliator, I was looking for something that was really gentle and soft on the skin. I wanted one that didn't have a million exfoliants otherwise It just feels to harsh. The St Ives product advertised that it's gentle and for dry/sensitive skin. In my opinion, I still feel like there is too many exfoliants. At times, It does feel a little rough. Now yes, I know, there needs to be some element of rough-ness to an exfoliator. I just feel this one didn't live up to the 'gentle' expectation. 

Other than that, It's an amazing product, great price and has pretty much fixed my face this winter! 

| Harrison | 

No comments:

Post a Comment