Wednesday 16 November 2016

An Autumn Day Out | By Harrison



So recently I became a member of The National Trust and today I decided to give that membership and spin and see what it's all about. About a 30 minute drive from my house, you find yourself in the countryside, just outside of Wimborne and across into this amazing manor called Kingston Lacy. Again, a National Trust property and with me having this membership... I GET TO GO IN FOR FREE! 

Now there really isn't anything fancy or glamorous about being a member of The National Trust, but for the sake of this blog post, I'm going to use it to make it sound like i'm a member of some exclusive club. Just roll with it people!


All joking aside, Kingston Lacy is one of the most calming and peaceful places ever. I've lived here for 23 years and have never stepped foot into the ground of Kingston Lacy... WTF! 
Firstly we went into the house but unfortunately we only got to explore 1 floor. Once a year, they close the house to conserve all the artwork and we happened to go at the start of their conservation. 

So after mooching around in the house (and wearing some pretty ridiculous shoe covers) we then ventured on outside to explore the gardens. 
Autumn being pretty much my favourite season, the gardens looked so incredible. Full of reds, oranges, browns and greens, the whole place was just so vibrant. We really did see the beauty of Kingston Lacy. 


For anyone who has a keen interest in photography, history or even large architecture, I would highly recommend this place. Just 30 minutes out of Bournemouth and you're there. 

But also, for anyone interested in this kind of thing, I would highly recommend getting yourself a membership to The National Trust. Not only are you giving money to help them conserve their amazing properties, you also get to view them all for free! You also get free parking to National Trust car parks all over the country. 
And if your still young and youthful, much like myself, you get it even cheaper. Because I'm under 25, for the entire year it just cost me £30! Visit a couple of places and you have more than got your monies worth. Win win. 


I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my photography and getting a little insight as to what It's like to live this 'members' lifestyle. Go glam! 
If you liked that, then check out the video below. I vlogged the entire thing! Go and show the vlog some love, give it a like and don't forget to subscribe to my channel! I'll love you forever! 

| Harrison | 


No comments:

Post a Comment