Monday 2 May 2016

My Youtube Experience | By Harrison


Good morning lovely people, I hope you have all had a great Bank Holiday weekend so far. Today I thought I would go through something which I have been consumed by over the past few weeks and something that I have been completely obsessed with. Youtube. 

So I turned 22 on the 11th of March and my best friend bought me a vlogging camera as she really wanted me to get into the whole Youtube thing. It is something I had been thinking about for a while and something I knew I just needed to bite the bullet and get into. So her buying the camera pretty much forced me into getting started. 

When I started to make videos, I didn't know what It was that I wanted my channel to look like. I knew for sure that I was going to be doing vlogs as they're what I enjoy watching the most myself. I have since done couple of 'sit down' videos, but I think vlogs will end up taking centre stage on the channel. Nevertheless, I still feel like I am finding my feet wit the whole thing though. 

Editing the videos Is the longest process and something I have surprisingly taken to like a duck to water. I studied Media and Photography at college and we used a lot of video editing equipment there, but that was years ago now and I honestly thought I'd be useless at it. With vlogs, you end up filming so many clips that actually it becomes really hard to edit all together, but once it's done, it's so rewarding. 
That's my biggest thing out of all of this. Once a video has been completely created, edited together and uploaded, I feel so proud and so happy that I have actually created this whole thing by myself and when you're happy with the finished product, it's so rewarding. Not only that, but you're creating so many memories that you can look back on in the future. 

By no stretch of the imagination is my Youtube channel 'successful', however I have had more views on my videos than I ever thought I would. 
Tips for anyone wanting to start a channel of thinking of starting a channel: Just do it. Do it, do you and be yourself. Jump straight in there and see how it goes. The first few videos are never going to be a work of art, however it is all a learning curve and it's something you can work on over time. 

I have absolutely loved the whole process of it and it is something I am so glad I got into. In my note book I have a page dedicated to future Youtube videos which I plan to create! So stay tuned. 

A very random and chatty post today, but it gives you an insight into my new little world of Youtube. I will leave the link to my channel below and I would be so grateful to anyone who likes, subscribes or even just watches the video. If you do, leave a comment to say you've read this blog post. That would be so cool! 

Thanks for reading and here's the link: My Channel

| Harrison | 

No comments:

Post a Comment