Wednesday 30 March 2016

My Hometown Glory | By Harrison

All my life I have been lucky enough to live in one of the best parts of the UK, Bournemouth. Born and raised here, It's safe to say I have gotten to know the place pretty well. Truth be told, when I was younger, I hated living here, I thought there were so many places I'd rather live and I was adamant that when I grew up, I would leave. I couldn't have been more wrong. Growing up here has made me realise just how nice it is and how lucky I am to call this place my home. 
So here is a little appreciation post about everything I love in Bournemouth.
Welcome to my hometown glory...

    Friends

Growing up in one place means that you generally end up knowing most people in that town or end up having mutual friends with near enough everyone you meet. This can be a good thing but equally be just as bad. However for me, I have soon learnt over time who my real friends are and thats what makes me love this place all the more. My friends. Knowing that they're all just a stones throw away, round the corner whenever I need them and are so easily contactable. Kate, My best friend and I have been friends since we were 4!! 18 years later and still going strong!! 

    Things To Do

In Bournemouth there always seems to be something going on or something to do. Every year, around the summer time we always have regular firework displays down on the beach. Where I like to spend a lot of my time is out in the forest (My dad's always been a bit of a countryman) so there is always some kind of country show on. The picture of the car above is an image from a show I went to last summer. I had landed back from Turkey the day before and then went and had a look around a forest show. I spent the day eating a whole load of tasters and trying a whole load of ciders... What a way to spend a Sunday!

    The Forest

Talking of forests, this is another thing that I am so in love with about Bournemouth. I live right down south about 5 minutes away from the beach. Yet I go 20 minutes in the opposite direction and I find myself in the heart of the New Forest. This is what makes Bournemouth such a desirable place. It's in the best location and you have the best of both worlds, beach and forest. Forest walks followed by a pub lunch... bliss!! 

    The Beach

Now I wouldn't say I'm particularly a 'beach person' as such. I don't really like the sand and I never spend time there in the summer... However I feel this is me just taking it for granted. I think living here my whole life, I take it for granted that I have miles and miles of coastline readily available right on my door step. Don't get me wrong, I love a good walk in the summer down the beach, but I'm not one of those people to sit on the beach. Nevertheless, I think I would miss it if I didn't have it! 

    The Food

Last but by no means least, the food. Over the years, the restaurant business in Bournemouth has just increasingly got better and better. More restaurants have come to the town, both chain and independents. My friends and I spend a good 70% of our time in restaurants. It's just such a social way of catching up while getting some good food inside of us. Some of my favourite restaurants include, Wagamamas, Koh Thai, Pizza Express, (Cheeky) Nandos, 7 Bone and many many more! Definitely worth coming to Bournemouth just for that!

And there we have it, just a little low down on what I love about my hometown, Bournemouth. 

| Harrison | 

No comments:

Post a Comment