Wednesday 2 March 2016

Controversial Opinions | By Harrison

controversial

kɒntrəˈvəːʃ(ə)l/

adjective

giving rise or likely to give rise to controversy or public disagreement.


Today is going to be a slightly different blog post. Something which is a little less light hearted and something more... controversial. Over the course of my life, I have always been quite opinionated and had opinions that have caused quite the uproar within my friends. So today, I thought I would share that side of me and share some of my controversial opinions.  

LGBT - I suppose this is the one that that has always got the most attention and questions by my friends, so why not start here. Now, I am a gay man. I have no shame in that, I don't hide the fact that I am and to be honest, I don't see why I should, I just don't promote it! What annoy's me about the LGBT community, is the way they feel they need to rub it in everyone's faces. The way that they have to go on marches', protest, have 'Gay Pride'. Yes, It's great that you're proud to be who you are, however you don't see straight people having 'Straight Pride'. I completely understand the abuse and criticism people face on a day to day basis for being gay and I fully understand that it's probably the hardest thing to do, 'Come Out', however can't you just exist. Why can't everyone, straight, gay, black or white just exist. Nobody needs to protest about their preference, race or gender. Just co-exist, equally. 


Feminism - My best friend and I have had many debates about this topic and it's something that always gets very heated. Feminism, otherwise known as 'men haters'. Back in the day, yes there was a gender divide and a massive gender pay gap. Fast forward to the 21st century and you'll find that near enough everywhere is equal between men and women. I would get it if it were to just fight for rights, however it's not. Feminism has taken a turn for the worst and in my opinion, is just an excuse for women to hate on men. There are not many places where men are still paid more than women. Things have come a very long way since back in the day and women are now just as equal as men. But they don't want to be. I still know plenty of women who call them selves feminists, yet still want they partner, husband or boyfriend to go out there, make the money and for them to sit at home. They still want guys to open the doors for them, pull out their seats and treat them like a princess. There's a fine line between chivalry and.. whatever the opposite to feminism is. In my place of work, there is a special group called Women In. Why isn't there a group for the men working there? Near enough all the managers, District and Area managers are all Women. So, where are all the Manist's at? 


Benefits - This is probably the one that angers me the most. In the UK (I don't know about other places around the world), we have a benefits system, where if you have a child, if you're off sick, injured or just out of work, then the government will pay you. Now the government only get their money from people like me, tax payers. So in actual fact, I am paying for those people not to work. We have seen far too often in the UK, people abuse the benefits system as an excuse to get more money and spend more time off work. I was watching the TV show Jeremy Kyle where he was talking about benefits and the people on them. One of the couples on there said that after all their bills come out, at the end of the month, they are left with around £8000 spare. 8 GRAND!!! That is just disgusting. People nowadays are just having children to get the money. They see them as a money making scheme. And for me, a tax payer, I am funding that shit! In my opinion, if someone is having to claim benefits, they should be on the breadline. Just about meeting the payments on bills, having no money left over at the end of the month. They shouldn't be living this life of luxury with no incentive to return to work. This is one massive flaw in our government body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment